Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I'm having a fight with my iPod



This morning I had a tempo run planned of about 10km. I didn't want to really push the distance since my legs were tired from running the track the last two days. So I'm out, chugging along and everything seems to be going well. The friendly little voice tells me I've done 1, 2, 3, 4 kms, then just 5 more to go. Then the iPod voice seemed to disappear. I was a bit distracted by the beautiful colors the sky was making off the coast; the blue clouds with red and pink edges-just gorgeous! But still, no voice. I know I've gone more than another 2km but still my iPod reads at 6.5km with-what?! A 10 minute per km pace?! What the heck? So I stop and the stupid thing isn't even getting a decent reading of my pace. Good grief.

So I finished my run, frustrated that I appear to only have run 8km and have been out running for over an hour. My iPod has been given a "time out" for bad behaviour. I checked my distance on mapmyrun.com once I got to work-yes I wouldn't just be "zen" about it all, I needed to know how far I actually went- and it turns out I ran 12km. Grrr. Looks like I've got a date tonight with my new pal-the foam roller :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment