I SO didn't want to get up this morning. I looked outside and saw the heavy dark clouds that are becoming too much of a fixture in the sky lately and decided to give myself 10 more minutes in bed. Surprisingly 10 minutes later I actually got back up and repeating my morning mantra-"both feet on the floor" I got up and got dressed for a morning run.
Stepping outside I was greeted with a slight breeze and a chilly mist that I knew I would appreciate later in my run. I set the Nike trainer my husband and I share and took off to see if I could run the 7km in 45 minutes. My legs felt like someone had filled them with puddy, they felt sluggish and raising my legs took a bit more effort than I thought it would. But after a kilometer they had warmed up and aside from a pesky side stitch I felt ready to dig into the run. As I ran along the road beside the shore I noticed how calm the ocean was compared to the huge fluffy clouds that were forming in the sky. I thought that maybe Mother Nature has her signals mixed up and prayed that I would make it through this run without a huge downpour.
The last leg of my run was a long stretch uphill back to my subdivision. As dozens of cars passed by I was glad that I've found a job that allows me to have such flexible hours so I can get out and have a run before work. I ran over the crest of the last hill and I saw a beautiful sight coming over the horizon-the Sun! I checked my Nike trainer and saw I had finished my 7km run in 46 minutes, not too bad considering my slow start. I ran back down to my house listening to "Running the Sahara" soundtrack imagining the sun and sand knowing I had gotten a beautiful start to my day just by going for a run.
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment