Thursday, July 2, 2009

Getting back on track

I feel like these past two weeks have been a bit of a running and diet vacation for me. I have only run a total of 4 times and my diet has completly gone out the window. So, today I resolved that I would get everything back on track. I've noticed how grumpy I am when I don't follow my regular schedule and that needs to change.
I've been reading alot from Mark's Daily Apple (MDA) and trying to figure out how I can incorporate his type of lifestyle into that of an aspiring endurance athlete. These past 2 years I've been told that as an endurance runner I need alot of carbohydrates in order to run. For me that was a lisence to eat bread. Never mind carbs can come from vegetables and fruit too, my eyes were set on a nice soft loaf of white bread. Yummm. That's worked out okay and I've lost weight, but I haven't feel really strong. I know that when I ate low-carb before I had alot more energy and just felt happier overall, but a low carb diet is REALLY hard to maintain with a young child and a full time job. So, I think I've figured out that I can still have my carbs, just through more vegetables and fruit (like Grok). We'll see how this affects my running.

No comments:

Post a Comment