Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Mosquito Click doohickey really works!

Okay, so my husband is in medical sales. He travels all over the states to sell his company's wares at various trade shows. During a visit to Las Vegas this past spring he brought home a Mosquito Click(er). This thing looks like something you might use to punch holes in a garden for seeds, but instead it literally "zapps" your mosquito bite into submission and even takes away the swelling. I was hesitant to use it (I remember in fact telling my husband that he was crazy to use that zapper thing on his face for a bite). But after this past weekend and a run through some woods resulting in over 15 bites on my legs, I relented and decided for the sake of scratching my skin off I would try this zapper thing. Well, it works. I read the packaging to see how many times I would have to "zap" myself. I had to click about 10 times on one, really bad bite, but after about 30 seconds the urge to Itch was GONE!! Now this isn't a one-time cure. I've had to zap various bites a few times, but the results are always the same, the itch is gone.
This gadget probably isn't a good idea for anyone with a pace-maker or nerve issue-it really does give an electrical shock you can see at the bottom of the thing, but for a healthy person who spends alot of time outdoors (like us runners) this thing is total magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment